On a cold fall day, there’s nothing better than a warm kitchen with sweet, spiced bread fresh from the oven. Get cozy with this extra-rich, sort-of-healthy and super-yummy fall favorite… with a CBD twist!
This Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread with CBD blends bananas, minimal flour and fat with natural maple syrup to sweeten it just enough. The batter is studded with dark chocolate chips, and spiked with 50 mg of our 1:1 Organic CBD+CBG Hemp Extract. Perfect for relaxing with an after dinner treat, or bracing for the day with your morning coffee!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread with CBD
Makes 1 loaf
Slice into 8 pieces for approx. 50mg per slice
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup, melted butter
- 400mg 1:1 Organic CBD+CBG Hemp Extract
- Butter or baking spray for greasing pan
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (the real stuff, please. Or, any sweetener of your choice, adjust to taste.)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (leave the skin on, and don’t squeeze out any of the moisture!)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and grease an 8×5” loaf pan or bread pan and set the pan aside until needed.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth. Add in the melted butter and CBD+CBG Hemp Extract, stirring until everything is integrated and smooth.
- Crack your egg in a small bowl and beat it lightly. Then, add it to the large bowl.
- Add the honey, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flour to the bowl, and stir the mixture until the batter is thick and totally combined. It should be relatively smooth at this point.
- Next, add in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips, folding them gently into the batter. Mix until the grated zucchini and chocolate chips are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Once evenly mixed, pour or scoop the batter from the bowl into your pre-greased loaf pan.
- Put the loaf pan into the oven and bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a fork or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Once finished, let the loaf cool on a rack before slicing.
- Once completely cool, slice into 8 pieces for approx. 50mg CBD per slice.