Happy Harvest! Elevate your fall with 25% off CBD sitewide through 9/25! Use code: LEAFPEEPER | Shop CBD>
Did you stock up on too much soup and pasta during quarantine? Please consider donating some of your extra food to support our neighbors who are experiencing food insecurity. Upstate Elevator Supply Co. and Green State Gardener are kicking off their first annual Food and Fund Drive to benefit Feeding Chittenden. Food donations will be collected at Green State Gardener (388 Pine Street, Burlington) from July 6th to July 17th. Our goal is to collect 500 pounds of food, and a matching donation of $50 will be given for every 50 pounds of food collected.
COVID-19 has taken a drastic toll on the Burlington community, especially those living paycheck to paycheck. Many households are experiencing food insecurity. They do not have the financial stability to stock up on groceries and food budgets are suffering because family members have been laid off.
Feeding Chittenden works to alleviate hunger by feeding people and cultivating opportunities. As the largest direct service emergency food provider in Vermont, Feeding Chittenden serves over 12,000 people each year.
The following donations are excellent choices for the Food and Fund Drive:
- Canned proteins: tuna, chicken, beef, etc.
- Pantry staples: flour, sugar, shelf-stable side dishes
- Peanut Butter
- Cereal & Oatmeal
- Canned fruits
- Canned meals like soups and chili
- Boxed meals: Mac & Cheese, Hamburger Helper, etc.
- Pasta & Pasta Sauce
- Shelf-stable Juice
- Portable ready-to-eat snack foods—kid friendly
- Toiletry items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, body wash)
- Baby food & formula
- Feminine hygiene products
- Cooking oil & spices
- Cash donations for the Food Shelf to purchase food & ingredients directly